Spreadsheet bulkload based retail software?

Poster
kellycsereda
Kudos: 50
Spreadsheet bulkload based retail software?
17 Feb 2018
Hello all. I was curious to hear any suggestions on software with flexible options for creating and uploading spreadsheets as a means of adding and maintaining product? I've seen the CSV uploader for woocommerce - that's a possibility. Are there others?

Thanks
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,476
Re: Spreadsheet bulkload based retail software?
21 Feb 2018
@kellycsereda

Hi

I may have misunderstood, but are you looking for something such as Linnworks that can list and maintain stock across multiple selling channels rather than continually updating and submitting a CSV file ?

Linnworks can output a CSV of stock, that with a bit of manipulation can be used to manually list on virtually any selling channel.

[Last edited: 21 Feb 2018]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Canada Canada
kellycsereda
21 Feb 2018
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll investigate Linnworks. I am a very small retail business currently selling from a mobile physical location and looking for an effecient way to enter online sales. My inventory needs are somewhat unique, I've found. I have the need of traditional re-fillable sku's (items which will be sold, then re-stocked with the same sku) for about a third of my inventory, where the rest is comprised of new unique sku's each time for unique products.

I have developed a method manually for detailing and tracking both of these needs via spread sheet and use 2d barcode labels and a phone app to scan the sku upon sale, then manually manage inventory afterwards. But this is all time consuming. I'd like to be able to receive new inventory having the software manage the unique sku's (sku generator based on some fixed properties) presumably entering a spreadsheet update import of the new unique sku products and simply key in the amounts of the re-fillable skus.

Thanks for thoughts.
Supplier
Marietta United States
Sellers Suite
Kudos: 59
9 Mar 2018
@kellycsereda where do you want to upload this inventory to?
Alex Flores
@Seller's Suite
Canada Canada
kellycsereda
14 Mar 2018
@Sellers Suite Hi Alex. Ideally, I would have a cloud based database solution which could receive details of my sales as payment is successfully processed and which would then adjust inventory.

Because I am selling primarily unique items, that item then should no longer be available online whether it sold via On-line shop or physically at my mobile retail outlet.

Similarly, as I receive large volumes of products at once, being able to upload a spreadsheet with new products and variations to the database is essential, rather than the single input interface.

Thank you for thoughts!

[Last edited: 14 Mar 2018]
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Klaas Schippers - Linnworks
Kudos: 185
15 Mar 2018
@kellycsereda

Hello Kelly, Linnworks can do exactly what you want. You can list your inventory items to eBay, Amazon, BigCommerce or Magento (and more) directly via Linnworks. Linnworks will synchronize your stock levels to all your sales channels.

You can also have one or more brick and mortar stores, for which you can use an app called WarehousePlus to create direct orders and plug that into Linnworks, or have a POS software plugged into your Linnworks account, this means that if you were to sell (your last remaining) unique item, Linnworks will update the stock levels to all the channels that are linked and marking the listing as out of stock or close it (depending on your settings)

When you receive new items from your supplier, you can use a scanner to check if everything that was ordered indeed got delivered to your warehouse, once an item is scanned, Linnwork will update stock levels and send these back to your listings so you can continue selling without doing any manual work!

You can register for a free trial of Linnworks which lasts 14 days, in this trial we will give you a full product demo to show you what the system can do.

Best regards,
Klaas Schippers

Customer Experience Manager,
Linnworks
Linnworks is an innovative eCommerce platform that helps over 4,000 online retailers across the globe automate their key processes, reduce costs and grow their business.
www.linnworks.com
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,865
15 Mar 2018
We don't usually allow vendors to post promoting their own system, but as Linnworks had already been mentioned independently it is ok in this case.

No other promotional posts please, unless the OP asks for it.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Klaas Schippers - Linnworks
Kudos: 185
15 Mar 2018
@Andy

Sorry Andy, I wasn't aware that I was breaking the rules. I merely wanted to reply to a question about functionality and the personal setup of the OP.

I can remove the bit about the free trial if you like, so as to stay within the lines.
Linnworks is an innovative eCommerce platform that helps over 4,000 online retailers across the globe automate their key processes, reduce costs and grow their business.
www.linnworks.com

SellerSnap
Sellware
Cloud Commerce Pro
2nd Office