Competitor Price Tracking for E-Commerce Retailers

Poster
mertgencler
Kudos: 21
Competitor Price Tracking for E-Commerce Retailers
7 Mar 2018
I was trying to wonder how do you manage your competitor price tracking process as an e-commerce retailer? Do you manage it manually? Or do you know any automated service which provides competitor price tracking software or market price analysis?
Supplier
Marietta United States
Sellers Suite
Kudos: 59
Re: Competitor Price Tracking for E-Commerce Retailers
9 Mar 2018
@mertgencler You can track products on Amazon with Seller's Suite. You just need to enter the products ASIN.

Our services are free until May, so you could try it out and see if it's what you're looking for.

Hope this helped!
Alex Flores
@Seller's Suite
Turkey Turkey
mertgencler
Kudos: 21
9 Mar 2018
How about tracking common retailers who are using different CMS?
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,865
9 Mar 2018
@mertgencler

Are you just looking for retailers to share their experiences with price tracking tools, or do you want to hear from vendors also?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,476
10 Mar 2018
@mertgencler

As far as I am aware, there is no commercially available software that will accurately track and monitor competitors pricing across multiple platforms, including individual seller CMS.

The reasons being, many manufacturers are quite happy to add your own GTIN / UPC / EAN codes to a product at the time of manufacture. Sellers can also add their own codes after manufacture. Using these codes is usually the way that price comparison software works. Unless you know all the codes, it just won't happen !

Two solutions:
1. You get somebody to search for your product (and slight variations) using text and GTIN and compare your price to the first one or two pages on Google.

Or / If your products do not show up on the first couple of results pages.

2. You edit your website / listings to get higher search engine rankings and then market them like mad through social media / Google ads etc while still maintaining a decent margin.

I know of six of my clients that sell exactly the same product on virtually the same channels worldwide, and all have different GTIN's on their products. No repricing / comparison software can deal with that.

As is always the case, only you know your products, costs and expectations.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

UR Tasker
xSellco 1
SellerSnap
Sellware