Marketplace Alternatives?

Poster
Sharks26
Kudos: 18
Marketplace Alternatives?
14 Mar 2018
Hi Guys,

So due to a fluctuations of sales on the usual Amazon and eBay we are now trying to spread our risk and list on more marketplaces.

We have joined OnBuy at the start of the year as they seemed like a great up and coming marketplace with virtually no monthly subscription in the UK and we have had steady sales, which certainly make up for the bad days on Amazon & Ebay.

What marketplaces do you guys use as we want to integrate with more? I have not used flubit or Fruugo?

Thanks in advance
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,463
Re: Marketplace Alternatives?
15 Mar 2018
@Sharks26

If you are just looking for UK marketplaces, then you have nothing to lose with Flubit and Fruugo. Neither charge a monthly fee so all it will cost in theory is your time.

I have several sellers that list on both marketplaces, and all have said that Fruugo is by far the better due to them listing for you internationally at no extra cost. Their customer / seller service is also exceptional.

If you are happy / able to despatch internationally then Fruugo should be your first choice, although I have heard that they are now only taking on merchants with 5000+ SKUs. If you qualify then go for it. Uniquely ( I believe) you can also increase the commission that you pay to Fruugo which they then use to promote your products further through Google ads etc. To be honest though this is probably not needed as they do promote the products quite well already.

For those that do not know, Flubit is not a marketplace or a price comparison website. Lets say you have a product listed on Amazon for £100. Amazon will take 15% of that so you get £85. You submit your price to Flubit as the Amazon price less a discount, say 10% (£90). A buyer sees your item on Amazon, enters the ASIN or description on Flubit and Flubit gives them a price that is usually lower than the one on Amazon, but higher than the one that you charge Flubit. You make a bit more, Flubit makes a bit, and the buyer pays less than the Amazon price. A winner all round !

Just make sure that your multi channel inventory software supports any extra channels before you get your hopes up !!
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United Kingdom United Kingdom
mustros
Kudos: 15
6 Apr 2018
HI try bidallhours you can sell direct through your website or through a bidallhours store. you can sell, auction or buy. all it costs is £10 registration for 1 year, no selling fees or listing fees.
Supplier
California United States
Jazva
Kudos: 57
6 Apr 2018
Well aside from Fruugo and Flubit, you can try Etsy, OnBuy or Tesco.
If you're looking to expand internationally in the US, we suggest Jet, Walmart and Overstock depending on your products.
I write for Jazva's Blog for Power Sellers
Your #1 source for ecommerce automation, multi-channel selling, industry news, and more
Supplier
Israel Israel
Valigara
Kudos: 141
29 Apr 2018
@Sharks26

Hi

IMHO it's important to know what kind of products you sell, and more about your business, and then adjust it accordingly. Each marketplace has it's own identity. We have many sellers on more than 1 channel, you have to know what you're business is strong at, to find the right place to sell.

We generally profile business according to 4 main parameters: Product line,Logistics, Business Location, Business Scale.

We at Valigara specialize in jewelry, and recently we summarized the main topics on how to choose the right marketplace to sell jewelry. There are some very jewelry-focused recommendations in the article, but I believe there are many common points and you might find this article relevant.

Enjoy selling!
Igor Nusinovich, Co-Founder & CEO

Valigara Online Jewelry Manager
Multi-channel eCommerce for Jewelry and Diamonds
Bahamas Bahamas
thegoldrush2000
Kudos: 65
11 May 2018
It depends on your geographical location or where you want to sell, but in most cases, you can find excellent local and regional options. For example, in South America MercadoLibre and OLX are huge marketplaces for selling products and services.

ShipBob
ManageByStats
StoreFeeder
Thompson & Holt