Poster
Palo Alto United States
Algopix
Kudos: 179
Re: Dani Avitz: Ask Me Anything
2 May 2018
@ronie.shmidt

Hi,
1. While good titles are very important in terms of SEO, they have limited effect (if any) on the product’s rank. In order to create good titles you can perform your own market research and see how other big merchants describe their products, or you can use other tools that help with this task. If you want to easily find out how those products are listed on other marketplaces and countries. In addition, please note that each product on Amazon has its own ASIN so if you sell products that already exist on Amazon, all you need to do it to have the ASIN - no keywords are needed.

2. There can be several reasons for your issues, for example, some of your bestsellers may not be relevant anymore because there are new models on the market? Maybe you sell seasonal products? Or a new competitor popped up and has lower prices? I can’t tell you for sure without having a better understanding of your business, your store, your competitors and some other factors. Since I believe you know your business very well, I would start with a market research. Try to figure out who else is offering your products on the same platform. That would be a great start.

3+4. Please read this thread, I promise that it will include information about Amazon’s A9 and eBay’s Cassini algorithms, and review strategy as well.

Hope that helps!
Dani

[Last edited: 2 May 2018]
United States United States
Kudos: 18
2 May 2018
We are a designer baby boutique and serve new moms that trust us for their newborn wardrobe.

Wondering about selling online via our domain and investing in SEO vs Amazon or eBay.

How do we get rankings that moms worldwide will trust us to buy from us?
jenell74
Kudos: 31
2 May 2018
@Algopix
Hi Dani.
Thanks for the helpful information.
Can you please provide me with the agency suggestion you have.

Have a great day.
Supplier
Palo Alto United States
Algopix
2 May 2018
@9726124

Hi there,
In order to establish a real online presence and having a strong brand name, you should walk the long way. There are no shortcuts, especially not for building trust. The best way to get rankings from your target audience (i.e. moms worldwide) is to engage with them.

The best way to do that is on relevant blogs and forums, events and tradeshows.

In the past years, social media marketing became very popular, because it allows you to talk to your target group directly. Build a community, engage in discussion and use Facebook groups to reach potential customers.

You can promote your products, cooperate with influencers, and have contests, such as asking your existing customers to take selfies with your products - make it go viral.

When operating an own domain, SEO should not be neglected! Since SEO is an entire world to itself it would go beyond the scope to go into much detail here. However, there are great courses and tutorials online, that just wait for you to discover them.

In case you are using an eCommerce platform you might want to check if there is an integration with Amazon or eBay, so you can have the benefits of both, operating a successful website and selling on popular marketplaces.

Good luck,
Dani
Supplier
Palo Alto United States
Algopix
2 May 2018
@jenell74

If I may, I think it would be more appropriate if you send me a private message, I will understand your needs better and know who to connect you with.
Jamixpress
Kudos: 28
2 May 2018
Hi,

Thank you and perhaps you could help me, or offer some guidance.

I have a product I started, and I was able to get on Amazon, in 2014. I was doing really well with my niche product called Nipplebands, which could be in the adult nature, but also can be used for something to help inverted nipples, which was a big seller, and I also had my product on eBay. I did post a photo showing nipples, not realizing it was a no no, and both Amazon and Ebay put my product in the adult only section, not searchable.

Amazon sent me an email that said if it was a corrective product, they would put it in their catalog. So I changed the name, and revamped it to be called Correcto Rings, and didn't put the nipple pictures up, and Amazon let me move forward, basically starting over, no reviews.... But they let me and I sell at least 50 a week in the US from Amazon, and I sell on Etsy, my own site and Amazon.uk and Canada, to sell about 10 a day.

Here's my question.... I presented it to Ebay, and they wouldn't allow me to sell my product under a different name, a name more corrective, and revamp the page to not show anything inappropriate. Just like Amazon allowed me to start over, Ebay turned me down, and refused to allow me to list the new product.

They kept Nipplebands, but its not searchable even under the adult section. I get a sale every few months. I was just hoping to sell on Ebay again with a more appropriate presentation.

Also, I think Walmart turned me down for the same reason, and I get it now. But just wondering if this is something you address on "ask anything"

Thanks again!
jenell74
Kudos: 31
2 May 2018
@Algopix
What is your email address or where and how do I send you a private message ?
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,779
2 May 2018
@jenell74

To send a PM click on the person's username or avatar (square profile picture) then click "Send PM" on that page.

Here's the direct link to Dani's page:

www.webretailer.com/member.asp?id=44426
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
evita
Kudos: 18
Selling on Jet.com
2 May 2018
We are trying to start selling on Jet. We've already been approved to sell on Jet but we've had issues with our ERP system and listing tool. We use Skubana for product catalog, inventory levels, order management, and PO processing. We use Listing Mirror to push listings to our sales channels like Jet, but we do not want Listing Mirror to handle any of the functions Skubana handles such as inventory levels or order management.

I've been told that Jet only allows one system per account to access the account's API keys. How do other sellers handle pushing listings to Jet to sell on Jet.com while having other systems handle their inventory and order management?

Thanks,
Evita
Supplier
Palo Alto United States
Algopix
2 May 2018
@Jamixpress

Hi,
I totally understand your frustration. You have a legit business, you’re trying to make money for a living, and a ‘virtual officer’ says you are not welcome. When we sell on 3rd party marketplaces we are subject to their rules. There are no free gifts.

My advice to you is to find someone on eBay - maybe through a friend, LinkedIn or a business connection, and try to convince them why you offer value to their users and maybe point out the market size and business potential. If these kinds of products are sold on eBay that’s another argument you can use.

Dani
Supplier
Palo Alto United States
Algopix
2 May 2018
@evita

Hi Evita,
I must admit I don’t have broad experience selling on Jet - I would recommend you to read this Quora thread.

Dani

[Last edited: 3 May 2018]
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,779
3 May 2018
This thread is now closed!

I want to say a huge thank you to Dani from me and the Web Retailer community. Dani's answers have been fantastic and we all appreciate him putting so much effort into it.

Replies are now closed but you can still show your appreciation by hitting the blue Like button under any posts that you, well... like!

A big thank you also to everyone who submitted questions. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that, and I'm sorry to those who didn't get an answer this time around.

Still have questions? Just start a new discussion in the forum. Anyone who can answer is very welcome to dive in - please don't direct new questions only to Dani!

If you want to get in touch with Dani, or find out more about his company, visit Algopix or send him a PM via his profile on Web Retailer.

If you have any feedback on this, or suggestions for another "Ask Me Anything" thread, please send me a PM.

Bye for now,

Andy
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

xSellco 2
ShipBob
ManageByStats
StoreFeeder