About order goods from supplier

Poster
kylanstanley2003
Kudos: 15
About order goods from supplier
25 Jun 2018
Hi everyone

I am a newbie wholesaler, actually just a middle-man. I buy goods from bigger wholesalers (sometimes manufacturers) and sell goods for other smaller wholesalers and retailers

I've steped into this field for 3 month. And quickly realized a problem . I use phone and email to receive order from my customer. However its hard to manage the number of goods in my inventory also manage to deliver the order on time.

I don't know if there's any solution for this? I am new so my knowledge is limitted and I look forward to hearing suggestion from you guys

Thank you

[Last edited: 27 Jun 2018]
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,699
Re: About order goods from supplier
28 Jun 2018
@kylanstanley2003

If you want the most basic of stock control, then a simple excel spreadsheet can help you monitor your stock levels.

An alternative would be software such as Sage which will allow you to input orders manually, alter your stock levels, print invoices etc.

You may have this already, but get your own website and get customers to buy from there rather then emailing you with orders. I had a wholesale client that had no website but was getting email orders. Once he set up his website, the order value increased as his customers could easily see the other products that he sold. It also enabled him to print out pick lists, invoices and shipping labels with minimum input.

If you already sell online, then software such as Linnworks can help control your stock levels across multiple marketplaces, both retail and wholesale.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 13,336
Re: About order goods from supplier
1 Jul 2018
A post has been deleted because it's against our rules for suppliers to post recommending their own products or services.

www.webretailer.com/forum/174-posting-rules.asp

No more posts from suppliers please unless the original poster specifically says that they wants their input. Suppliers are allowed to send PMs about their products/services.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Thompson & Holt
StoreFeeder
Sellware