Best way to sell suitcase of CDs?

Poster
Jerome
Kudos: 15
Best way to sell suitcase of CDs?
11 Jul 2018
Now find myself with a suitcase of CDs. Having no business experience I write to inquire if Amazon the only path? Is there a primer for one who knows nothing about this? Hoping for informed guidance

Jerome J.

[Last edited by moderator: Added detail to title — 14 Jul 2018]
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,524
Re: Online Selling
14 Jul 2018
@Jerome

I do hope that 'having a suitcase of cds' is a metaphor because in the age of mp3s, streaming and downloads, unless there is something special about them you could well be stuck with them.

You can try listing them on Amazon, but as they only allow you a certain amount for postage and packing you could end up losing out.

Good luck.

[Last edited: 14 Jul 2018]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,936
Re: Online Selling
14 Jul 2018
You could try one of the trade-in sites where you can sell the whole lot in bulk.

e.g. www.decluttr.com/

It would probably be a lot of work for very little reward selling individually on Amazon or eBay, unless you have some rare CDs in there.

You could try one of the scanning apps to find that out, like Profit Bandit (20 free scans, $10 per month after that), if there are hundreds of CDs and they are not just the typical bestselling albums of the last X years that most people have in their collections.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
jameshouston135
Kudos: 15
Re: Best way to sell suitcase of CDs?
19 Jul 2018
Well if your target audience is a third world type of countries then yes there is chance to sell those CDs but i am not sure about any note able profit.

SellerSnap
Selro
Algopix
Sellware