We have published many articles about eBay over the years. In this roundup we have pulled together some of our most relevant posts for eBay sellers.
We have categorized them to make it easy to find what you’re looking for:
- Seller Stories
You can also find out who The World’s Top eBay Sellers are, last updated in September 2018.
Slowly but surely eBay is casting off its flea-market image and implementing big technology changes, that make it much more attractive to brands and private label sellers. This post explains what has changed at eBay, and how businesses can get started early and capture the first-mover advantage.
Group Similar Listings and “Our Pick” are the next phase of eBay’s “product-based shopping” evolution. But how did we get here and what does this mean for sellers?
We caught up with Skip McGrath, an eBay seller since 1999 and author of many eBay books, not long before he switched to selling only on Amazon.
Whether it’s optimizing listings or taking part in eBay’s various shipping programs, you will find our eBay marketing articles here:
- eBay Promoted Listings: Your Top Ten Questions Answered
- Is it Still Worth Getting an eBay Store Design and Listing Template?
- How Should I Promote My Products To Drive More Sales on Amazon and eBay?
- Getting Seen on eBay: 21 Tips for Cracking the Cassini Search Engine
- eBay’s Global Shipping Program: Pros, Cons and Alternatives
- eBay Guaranteed Delivery: Should You Opt In Or Stay Out?
Our articles on the best software and tools to use with eBay are here:
- Software Tools for eBay Sellers: The Essential Guide
- eBay Turbo Lister Replacements: Five of the Best Alternatives
- 4 eBay Repricing Tools: The Best Apps to Automate Your eBay Pricing
- Discover These Innovative eBay Marketing Tools from 3Dsellers
- Wonder Lister: The Must-Have Tool For High-Volume eBay Sellers
- ShelfTrend: 3 eBay Growth Strategies Online Sellers Should Know
In this article I spoke with SixBit founder John Slocum to find out more about his long history with eBay. We spoke about how SixBit’s software has evolved and why they are now adding support for Amazon.
Selling on eBay can be fraught with problems – account suspension worries, difficult customers and declining sales to mention just a few.
- eBay Account Suspended? Why It Happens and What You Should Do
- eBay Sales Down? Here’s How eBay Might Be Working Against You
- Crazy Customers and Bad Buyers: 10 Ways They Infuriate Sellers on Amazon and eBay
- Are eBay Buyers 10x More Demanding Than Amazon Buyers?
- How Do You Beat Bad Buyers on Amazon and eBay?
- The Top 10 Headaches When Selling on eBay at Scale
5. Seller Stories
You might never have heard of Momox, but this German company is now the world’s third largest seller on eBay and the number one seller on Amazon by volume of feedback received, doing even better than when this article was published in 2015.
The company started from nothing only fifteen years ago when Christian Wegner, then unemployed, sold a few second-hand books on eBay.
Few eBay sellers do so well with their business that they go on to open a bricks-and-mortar store. But Shaun O’Brien of Selby Acoustics, based in Melbourne, Australia, has opened two. He has sponsored racing cars – both real and virtual, and started two private brands.
Neil Waterhouse started selling on eBay in 2002, and has sold millions of dollars of items from his home in Sydney. In this article I asked Neil about his approach to eBay selling in more depth.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this roundup. What other topics should we cover for eBay sellers? Let me know in the comments below.