Ecommerce has become a trillion-dollar industry, making it one of the biggest markets in the world. The ecommerce growth rate for 2023 is expected to be 10.4%, and the global sales are $6.3 trillion.
An industry this big has a considerable amount of competition for any business. To stay profitable in the highly competitive market, digital stores must use the latest and most effective marketing methods.
A vital and effective marketing method is content marketing. It can boost the online store’s visibility, increase engagement, and drive more sales. Your business can take a competitive edge with effective content marketing.
How Ecommerce Content Marketing Will Give You Competitive Advantage In The Market
Content marketing refers to creating relevant articles, images, videos, and other media to engage, attract, and convert the target audience into bona fide buyers. Moreover, it also requires sharing and promoting content after creating it.
It is an excellent medium for ecommerce stores aiming to boost their online presence and increase their product awareness.
Content is a diverse marketing model; you can use articles, blogs, emails, and white papers. The different marketing materials will allow businesses to reach a diverse demographic and reach potential customers.
Furthermore, content plays a crucial role in SEO. You can use different practices to rank in SERPs for your desired keywords. It will rank your website in a higher position on Google SERPS. Apart from SEO, you can also share the content on social media to increase conversion.
Best Ecommerce Content Marketing Practices
Creating quality content for your ecommerce website and social account is crucial for online businesses. You can use the following seven best practices to create efficient content marketing strategy and tactics.
1. Create Visually Appealing Content
Many ecommerce stores don’t have a physical presence, i.e., they do not have a brick-and-mortar store. People are not experiencing the products physically, so there is great emphasis on creating compelling visual content. Besides, the human brain can process images 60,000 times faster than text.
Buyers want to see and get details on the products they buy online. The best way is to use video content and infographics for your products. Moreover, a simple text can bore people, or adding too much of it can force the reader to leave the page.
Your audience and followers are bombarded with textual information daily in the digital age. They can get annoyed with the same information, and viewers can overlook your content if you use the same approach. You can increase conversion by putting visual content out to grab the viewer’s attention.
Following visual content can be significantly beneficial for your ecommerce store
- Video is one of the most effective forms of content marketing for all businesses. They can create a level of connectivity between a brand and its audience. Some people may think videos need to be detailed, but they can be short yet engaging. In addition, 68% of marketers say that video gives better ROI than Google Ads
- Memes and GIFs have become super popular in recent times. They initially started as casual fun for people, but now organizations and businesses are leveraging from it and using it as a promotion tool
- Another effective method is to include live streaming in your social media feed. It can create in-depth engagement, and people can know more about your business
- Social media or website infographics work well for all mediums. It can tell more about your products in an appealing manner
2. Post Content On Various Channels
The best part about content is publishing and sharing it on multiple channels. You and your followers can share a single piece of content on various channels simultaneously. It will generate a considerable amount of traffic.
Following are the vital platforms where ecommerce businesses should share their content collateral:
It sounds like a common practice, but posting content on a website requires careful planning and strategies. Your ecommerce listings should have images, customer reviews, and compelling product descriptions.
In addition to your product listings, website blogs are a crucial element of content marketing. They can increase the organic traffic to your site by significant proportions using SEO practices.
Whenever you write blogs, you add more pages to the website. The Google algorithm continuously checks the website, it prefers updated content on the website, and it ranks higher on search engines.
So, one of the most effective practices is frequently uploading a blog on your website. Blogs can also represent your brand tone and voice.
Social Media Platforms
With more than 4.76 billion active users, social media platforms offer a vast pool of customers for ecommerce businesses. Many social media users buy products from Instagram and Facebook marketing. You can use user-generated content to drive sales and engage with your audience.
User-generated content (UGC) increases the credibility and authenticity of the brand. The organic posts from people and users provide social proof to the audience.
Apart from UGC, ecommerce stores can write engaging content and upload appealing product posts. It can include reels, stories, videos, captions, and more.
Social media giants Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok offer paid and organic content marketing opportunities for ecommerce store owners.
Although people may not directly buy your products on LinkedIn, it is an excellent platform for networking and making B2B connections. By using ecommerce content marketing on LinkedIn, you can make it a significant B2B lead generation source for your business.
Business people, leaders, and managers can buy products in bulk and make significant profits. Like other platforms, LinkedIn also has the option to post videos, images, carousels, and other forms of content.
Being a B2B-focused marketplace, you can post informative content like statistics and graphs related to your business or industry.
3. Use Paid Advertisement For Your Content
Content is an excellent source for bringing organic traffic but running paid ads on it can take the engagement to the next level. Paid advertisements can rank your website in the top spots on the SERP. Ranking your website on the first spot can give you 26.6% of all clicks. In contrast, the second Google page gets very few visitors.
If your content is SEO optimized, you can use it with PPC and rank on your ecommerce relative keywords. Moreover, Google shopping ads can place your products on top of Google SERPS. You can use visual and text content to make it look more appealing, increasing conversion rates.
Google Text Ads
Google text ads are one of the most common types of ads. Store owners can use it to promote their products and brand image. You can write a compelling landing page and web copy and use it with the text ads. Moreover, you can customize these ads and reach the right target audience.
In addition, text ads are also shown on the Google Display Network (GDN). Using this feature, and your ad can reach a relevant audience and give you a competitive edge in the market.
We have discussed above that text ads are simple, but with the proper content structuring and creation, they can result in maximum ad reach.
4. Use Amazon Content Marketing
The $2 trillion company has a mammoth network around the globe. It has a considerable amount of ecommerce owners who are selling in different categories.
Apart from your website and social media presence, you must list your products on Amazon. The best part is that it offers comprehensive content marketing options for its sellers.
However, creating your presence on Amazon has different dynamics, but your branding efforts and content should match your overall brand image.
You can use the following Amazon content marketing features to promote your ecommerce store.
Use A+ Content
Amazon has a unique approach when it comes to product listings and descriptions. Their A+ content or enhanced brand content feature allows sellers to use visuals instead for product descriptions instead of text.
Sellers can use a variety of modules and layouts to create infographics and lifestyle content for their products. Sellers who do not use EBC content will have a regular text description, while EBC content listings will have more conversions and engagements.
By using A+ content, sellers can maintain a consistent brand image with A+ content. They can follow the same tone and structure on all of their listings and even on their Ecommerce Store Front.
Amazon may not be the primary channel of many ecommerce stores, but it can be a valuable additional sales channel for your businesses. Amazon posts have visual content. They allow up to 7 listing images which include infographics as well.
Moreover, the platform has its separate keywords procedure. Sellers can add keywords in their product titles, bullet points, and description (if they are not using A+ content).
5. SEO Optimize Your Ecommerce Content
Ecommerce content and SEO work in tandem. Product descriptions, blogs, and web copies have keywords, but you must use the latest content SEO guidelines to rank the website. You can use the following practices to improve your ecommerce content SEO
- Start by identifying keywords that are relevant to your products and target audience. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to find keywords with high search volume and low competition.
- Make sure each product page has a unique title tag and meta description that includes your target keywords. Also, include product descriptions that are both informative and keyword-rich.
- Use headings and subheadings: Use H1, H2, and H3 headings to structure your content and make it easier for users and search engines to understand the structure of your pages.
- Use descriptive file names and alt tags for all visual content on your website. This helps search engines understand the context of the images and can improve your website’s visibility in image search results.
- Use internal links to other website pages, including product and category pages. This helps search engines understand the structure of your website and can improve your website’s overall authority.
6. Make Video Tutorial Content
We have already discussed the importance of using video content and how it increases conversion rates. Another type of video content is “Tutorial Videos.” This type of content gives viewers confidence in buying the product.
Here is how you can create tutorial video content for your ecommerce store
- Define the purpose of your video content. What is the goal of the video, and what do you want the viewer to learn or understand from it?
- Decide what aspect of your ecommerce store you want to showcase in the tutorial video. It could be anything from product features and benefits, how to use a specific product, how to navigate your store, or how to make a purchase
- Write a script that clearly and concisely explains the topic. A storyboard is an excellent tool for the visual representation of the script, showing how the video will look, including all types of content (text and video)
- Use video editing software to cut and arrange the footage, add music or sound effects, and include any additional graphics or text
- At the end of the video, include a CTA that encourages the viewer to take some specific action, such as making a purchase, subscribing to your ecommerce store’s mailing list, or following your social media accounts
- Promote your tutorial video on your website, social media accounts, and through email marketing
- Track the performance of the video using analytics tools to determine its success and make changes to improve it if needed
7. Create Ecommerce Podcasts
A podcast is digital audio content. An ecommerce podcast discusses topics related to digital businesses and ecommerce. It is a great way to reach a wider audience and provide valuable information and insights to those interested in ecommerce.
You use the following steps to create ecommerce podcast content for your businesses
- Determine your target audience and what topics they are interested in. This will help you to choose suitable topics on which you can create your content
- Decide on a catchy name for your podcast and choose a format that works best for you and your audience. It could be a solo show, interviews with experts, or roundtable discussions
- Decide on the topics you want to cover in each episode and write an outline for each show
- Record each episode and use editing software to improve the audio quality, add intro and outro music, and include any additional sound effects
- Publish your ecommerce podcast on a hosting platform such as Anchor or Buzzsprout and promote it through your ecommerce store’s website, social media accounts, and email marketing
- Encourage listeners to leave reviews, ask questions, and provide feedback. Respond to comments and actively engage with your audience to build a strong community
By following these steps, you can create an engaging and informative ecommerce podcast that connects with your target audience and provides value to those interested in online business and ecommerce.
Content is necessary for any business as it helps them grow and promotes products among the audience. Following the above ecommerce content marketing strategies, online businesses can increase their conversion rates, engagement, and brand image. They can also scale their businesses by using the above practices. Furthermore, you can also create various kinds of content for different platforms.
Leave a Reply