Software News tagged "Free Tools"
Open source shopping cart PrestaShop has released a completely free, fully hosted version of its platform.
"PrestaShop is the first in the market to combine open source and cloud technology into one, completely free ecommerce solution," says PrestaShop Founder Bruno Leveque. "Since the first version, our software has helped merchants process more than $15 billion in sales. Our freemium business model enables us to be uniquely positioned in the market. We can provide feature-rich ecommerce technology at the lowest cost possible while our competitors charge license fees or take a percentage of revenue directly from merchants. We're disrupting this industry and making it possible for more merchants to sell their products online with the highest margins possible."
"With the launch of PrestaShop Cloud, merchants in all geographies now have access to a powerful ecommerce solution," says Charles Wells, Chief Product Officer of PrestaShop. "We believe the combination of cloud, plus our product functionality and our localization support is truly unique in the market. The numbers are telling as well. Our pre-launch had an average of 1000 new subscribers per day and after only two weeks, we have more than 20,000 new ecommerce stores running on PrestaShop Cloud."
PrestaShop has an open source community with more than 700,000 members worldwide, including merchants, developers and agencies. PrestaShop's software has been downloaded more than 4.3 million times since 2007, and translated into 65 different languages.
Online postage supplier Stamps.com have produced a 17-page PDF guide to USPS 2014 postage rate increases.
The guide includes:
- Detailed rate information for each USPS mail class
- International rate information
- Tips to help small businesses lower their postage costs
- Comprehensive Q&A
Three new profiles have been added to the directory today.
- SellerEngine Services advise Amazon sellers on the issues arising from international sales. Their expertise includes international expansion, international shipping and global customer service.
- Freestyle Commerce is an order management system for new businesses and smaller merchants. Users can automate processes from receipt of the order through to shipping, billing and collection across multiple sales channels and manage and centralize customer information.
- EcommerceBytes Fee Calculators are free online tools for calculating exact costs related to sales on Amazon.com, eBay.com and Etsy.
Two new profiles have been added to the directory today:
- Scrolleo is a scrolling product gallery for eBay listings. It allows shoppers to see the best selling items from a seller's other listings.
- Channel Management with Chanalytics is a tool that enables ecommerce sellers to change their data into different formats to be used for channels including pay per click, pay per acquisition, marketplaces, flat fee, coupons, mcommerce, and affiliate partner sites.
Import duty and taxes are notoriously complicated, so the Duty Calculator which supports 171,988 products for 45 countries is a huge help for importers.
Five free lookups are available on the Duty Calculator website, while a further ten free lookups can be had using the calculator embedded in the SellerEngine blog.
- BETSI is a bulk editing tool for Etsy. Editing actions include find and replace, change price, re-list, edit tags and more.
- Tools for Etsy offers a range of tools for the Etsy marketplace including hearts search, listings search, consolidated feedback search, tagging tools, treasury search, and more.
Blog for eBay UK sellers Tamebay has released a 2012 version of their "eBay & Ecommerce Tools & Services Guide".
The guide, first published in 2011, includes tools for listing, shipping, customer service, paid search and more, and can be downloaded as a free PDF from Tamebay.
- Feedvisor Amazon Repricer analyzes the competition and identifies a repricing strategy to win the Buy Box.
- PhiConnect Order & Inventory Management is an order processing and inventory management solution for eBay, Amazon, Volusion, Magento, PayPal, Yahoo Store and storefronts.
- SellerSoftware.org is a free web-based eBay and Amazon management solution - the first since Auctiva began charging.
- ShipStation is a web-based shipping solution for eBay, Amazon, Buy.com, Etsy and PayPal.
- Teikametrics Amazon Repricer has features including repricing inclusive of shipping costs, customizable rules and pricing strategy, exclusion lists and FBA repricing.
eBay certified design company Frooition have launched a free tool which helps eBay sellers discover the features supported by different eBay categories.
For every eBay category the eBay Category Feature Finder shows:
- If item condition is mandatory and what the item condition choices are
- If multi-variation listings are supported
- If there are any mandatory item specifics and if custom item specifics are supported
- If items details can be populated from the eBay product catalogue
- If international site visibility is available
The eBay Category Feature Finder can be found here.
AuctionInc, the makers of the aiShip shipping calculator, have released a plug-in for the popular Zen Cart storefront software.
The free module supports most of the features of AuctionInc's Shipping API including calculated shipping for USPS, FedEx, UPS and DHL.
- FotoFuze is a free image processing tool that creates professional product images from ordinary photographs.
- Share Your Items adds "Share" buttons for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Delicious to eBay listings.
- PhiConnect Return Service provides an online form for buyers to request product returns, and a four-step returns management process for sellers.
- Price Spectre monitors competitors' listings to provide automatic repricing for eBay sellers .
Order management solution ShipWorks now has a free edition which allows the printing of USPS postage using Endicia's technology.
Free ShipWorks for eBay downloads orders from eBay and prints USPS shipping labels without a monthly fee. Invoices and packing slips can be printed, tracking emails sent, and shipping status updated on eBay.
Marketplace solutions provider Vendio has launched a free tool that revises the condition of live eBay items to comply with eBay's new item condition rules.
The tool requires a Vendio account but sellers can sign up for Vendio's free service in order to access the special reviser. Instructions on how to use the reviser are here.
Web-based eBay sniping service Gixen now offers unlimited snipes for free. Previously free users were limited to ten concurrent snipes.
The Gixen Mirror service, at $6 per year, offers higher reliability, no ads, CSV export, and use of the Gixen API - for integrating the service with other software.
Free desktop auction management program AuctionSplash has introduced a tool to help former Auctiva users retrieve their images and listing data.
AuctionSplash's Auctiva Import tool extracts images and saved listings from Auctiva web pages and stores them locally. The data is saved as XML so it can be imported into AuctionSplash or other applications. It is available here: Auctiva Import Tool.
The latest version of free eBay listing tool Supreme Auction features new exclusive template designs, zooming product pictures, and a new user interface.
Supreme Auction is a very popular tool with 225,000 registered sellers and more than 4 million listings per month, mostly in its native Germany.
- Dynamic Watch Link provides a "Watch This Item" link that can be placed anywhere in the listing description.
- Auction Accountant downloads eBay sales information and fees, and PayPal transaction information.
- AlphaPAL PayPal Fee Calculator supports currency conversion, volume discounts, personal PayPal accounts, and reverse fee calculation.
eBay's web-based auction management tool Selling Manager will be free for all sellers from June 15, 2009. There will continue to be a fee for Selling Manager Pro.
Both versions will have a new summary page, and the navigation will change to become similar to My eBay. A new "Account activity" section will be available and "At a glance" data will be extended to 120 days.
Marketplace solutions provider 247 Top Seller has a new tool to automatically amend VAT rates for UK sellers following the rate drop on December 1.
The tool, which is being provided for free until 10 December, changes the displayed VAT rate to 15% and optionally reduce prices accordingly.
Lucy Newman, the 247 Top Seller Marketing Manager explains, “We are always working to develop solutions to help online sellers save time and resources and increase sales. 247 Top Seller’s Bulk eBay VAT Changing Tool can be a saviour for bigger sellers and can save them valuable time and effort.”
ShipRush publisher Z-Firm LLC announced today that version 6.1 has been released, with support for new marketplaces.
A single copy of ShipRush can support multiple ecommerce platforms, and even multiple seller accounts on each platform. "The number of ecommerce platforms we support is growing," said Rafael Zimberoff, ShipRush product manager. "ShipRush has a large footprint in the eBay space, and now helps sellers on a variety of systems."
The FedEx version of ShipRush is free of charge, and can be found at www.shiprush-fedex.com. For those who use the U.S. Postal Service, free and for-charge versions of ShipRush are available at www.shiprush.com/usps and www.shiprush.com/endicia.
Free listing tool Supreme Auction is now available for eBay.co.uk sellers.
Supreme Auction is an eBay listing solution with free auction templates, picture hosting, and scheduling.
The company behind the tool, Supreme New Media, also makes a free listing gallery and a feedback display widget for use in eBay listings, both can be downloaded here.
Video enhances buyer confidence as well as showing off products that move, make a sound, or have a high ticket price.
In this new article former eBay Community Manager and best-selling author Dan Wilson explains how eBay sellers can boost their business by using video in their auctions.
Learn how to Get a Competitive Edge on eBay With Video.
eBay research provider HammerTap, has launched a new eBay forum, providing free content on eBay selling strategies and research.
“We’ve created this forum to offer the type of useful content eBay sellers are looking for,” says Brian Clark, chief technical officer at HammerTap. “We really see the forum being driven by the input from the sellers themselves and then offering them the resources they need to be successful.”
eBay sellers are invited to join the forum and start giving input on the resources they would like to see. The forum is available here.
The eBook includes information on conversion rates, product sourcing, multi-venue selling, analysis software, online marketing, and more. Get it here.
The offer also includes the eBooks SEO Made Easy and Adwords Made Easy by Brad Callen.
Searching and bidder shadowing tool Auction Shadow has added a feature which analyzes seller feedback and other information to enhance buying safety.
Auction Shadow's "Security Services" show how many unique buyers provided feedback to the seller, if the seller changes the content of their listings frequently, how the seller's feedback has changed over time, and more.
Auction Shadow's "ShadowSearches" allows users to 'shadow' other eBay shoppers as they bid. Users enter the user IDs of a few eBay shoppers they have bid against, and the system regularly searches for auctions being bid on by them. Alert messages are emailed whenever results are found.
Auction Shadow is a free service.
- Ztail is a free listing tool. It has a massive catalog of product pictures and descriptions to minimise typing effort, and can show listings on blogs and social networking sites (such as Facebook) as well as more conventional marketplaces like eBay.
- Project San Dimas is eBay's free desktop replacement for, well, eBay. For buyers, San Dimas provides fairly comprehensive access to eBay without ever visiting the site. It's currently in beta testing.
- Showcase is a batch image editor and gallery creation tool from the makers of Excel-eBay add-in 3-Clicks.
- ProfitBuilderSoftware is a fee calculator that comes with a book by Corey Kossack.
- Atandra T-HUB is an order management application that downloads sales from eBay and a number of common shopping carts into Quickbooks.
- ChannelMAX is a (mostly) free auction management solution
- Mpire Researcher is a free eBay market research tool
- Feedback Analyzer Pro extracts feedback into separate positive, neutral and negative lists
- Closeout Central is a directory of liquidation stock suppliers
- Buylink is a wholesale suppliers directory
- AuctionFinal.com searches for auctions ending with zero bids
- Microsoft Office Accounting 2007 can list to eBay and download completed auction information
- eBay Marketplace Research is eBay's own research tool
- ChannelVelocity OnRamp is an enterprise-level multi-channel management solution
- Free tool The eBay Auction Fee Calculator
- Typo finder Invisible-Auctions.com
- Search automation from ESR Auction Watcher
- UK-based e-commerce management outsourcing with ChannelConnect Outsourced Services
- Sales analysis and email marketing from Auction X2
- AuctionThanx.com and Vendio Buyer Appreciation sends bidders thank you emails (like now-defunct Ethical's Thank You Tool). Vendio's version is completely free.
- AuctionMercial has a free, simple way to add video to auctions using photos and text-to-speech technology
- Free tool Auction Lister Pro adds eBay listing capabilities to osCommerce-based storefronts
- EverySeller Research from As Was reports on visits to eBay auctions and Stores
- WipBox finds the best category and creates listings on eBay and Craigslist
Free listing service Auctiva will begin auto-appending a free Sellathon hit counter to all listings for their users. Although the auto-append will be turned on by default, it will be possible to turn it off from the account settings page.
Auctiva acquired Sellathon in January this year. Sellathon has an "intelligent" eBay and Overstock counter which tracks when and from where a listing was visited, as well as showing a simple visitor count.
A new version of eBay research tool Terapeak has been released, along with a new Title Builder application.
The new version 4.0 of Terapeak features improved navigation, performance and reports. The new Title Builder helps sellers build better eBay auction titles with real-time feedback, and is available to paying customers to analyze 400 eBay listings and to free users to analyze 100 eBay listings.
Terapeak has announced a new service - free eBay research with 30 days of historical eBay transactions.
The tool is accessed from Terapeak's home page and provides data on sell-through rates and average prices achieved with different upgrades, listing types, starting days, and more. The free service covers eBay.com only.