Have you ever processed an order that took too long to deliver? Then you probably understand the frustration and uncertainty this situation can cause for you and your customers. About 75 percent of online shoppers desire same-day shipping, but there’s always a significant gap.
But the good news is that you can easily track your eBay order to be certain about its whereabouts. This way, you and your customer can rest assured that the delivery process is going smoothly.
This short guide explains the step-by-step process to track eBay packages. With the right eBay tracking services and a tracking number, you’ll be able to monitor the progress of your dispatches and ensure a smooth shopping experience for your customers.
Connecting Buyers and Sellers Globally.
eBay Tracking Services
eBay offers its tracking services to help you in keeping track of your orders. Once your package has been shipped, you will receive a unique eBay tracking number.
The eBay tracking number typically consists of a series of alphanumeric characters. Here’s an example of what it would look like: #ESUS53456247.
This tracking number acts as a key to unlocking information about your package’s journey from the seller to your doorstep. With this number in hand, you can track the progress of the shipment through various stages, including when it is shipped, when it arrives at the local sorting facility, and when it is out for delivery.
Buyers can easily access this information through their eBay account or by clicking on a link provided in the purchase confirmation email.
MORE: eBay vacation mode
How to Use eBay Tracking Number?
Follow these simple steps to use the eBay order number:
1. Log in to your eBay account.
2. Go to your “Purchase History” and find the order you want to track.
3. Look for the tracking number provided by the seller.
4. Copy the tracking number.
5. Open a new tab in your web browser and visit the carrier’s website.
6. Paste the tracking number into the carrier’s tracking tool.
7. Hit enter or click on the “Track” button.
How to Track eBay Order?
Tracking an eBay order is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to track eBay package:
1. Visit the carrier’s website. Some of the best carriers eBay sellers use include USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
2. Locate the tracking section on the carrier’s website. You’d typically find this section on the homepage or in the navigation menu.
3. Enter your eBay order number into the designated field.
4. Click on the “Track” or “Submit” button to initiate the tracking process.
5. Wait for the carrier’s system to retrieve information about your package.
6. View the tracking updates, which will provide you with details such as the package’s current location, estimated delivery date, and any delivery exceptions.
How to Track Guest Order?
If you made a purchase on eBay as a guest buyer and don’t have an eBay account, tracking your order may seem like a challenge. However, eBay has made eBay guest order tracking easy as well. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Locate the confirmation email you received after placing your order.
2. Look for the tracking number provided in the email.
3. Copy the tracking number.
4. Open a web browser and visit the carrier’s website.
5. Find the tracking section on the carrier’s website.
6. Paste the tracking number into the designated field.
7. Click on the “Track” or “Submit” button to start tracking your order.
How to Fix Common Tracking Issues
While tracking your eBay order status is usually smooth, there may be instances where you encounter common tracking issues. Here are a few solutions to help you resolve situations like:
1. No Tracking Information Available
If you’re unable to find any tracking information for your eBay order, it’s possible that the seller has not yet shipped the item or provided the tracking number. In this case, it’s best to reach out to the seller directly and inquire about the status of your order.
2. Tracking Number not Working
If the tracking number provided by the seller is not working on the carrier’s website, double-check that you have entered the number correctly. If the issue persists, contact the carrier’s customer support for assistance.
Here are the customer support lines for some popular carriers:
- UPS: +1-800-742-5877
- USPS: +1-800-275-8777
- FedEx: +1-800-463-3339
- DHL: +1-800-225-5345
MORE: eBay seller help
3. Delayed or Stuck Package
If your eBay order seems to be delayed or stuck in transit, first check the estimated delivery date provided by the carrier. Sometimes, delays can occur due to unforeseen circumstances or high shipping volumes. If the estimated delivery date has passed, contact the carrier or eBay customer support for further assistance.
The next time you sell something on eBay, follow the steps outlined in this guide to track customers’ orders and stay informed every step of the way. Never miss an update on your dispatches again and sell with confidence knowing that you can handle your eBay orders tracking from start to finish.
You may also want to check out some of our eBay tools and services that can help streamline your selling experience. Consider using real-time order tracking using tools like LetterTrack Pro or Trackerbot.
These third-party tracking services offer additional features and convenience, allowing you to effortlessly monitor all your dispatches in one place. Happy selling.